An account to upload videos in the Castfire system is required. If you need an account created, see the Photo/Video Manager.
Follow these steps:
Log in to Castfire
- Select the correct ‘Content Producer.’ (News, Sports, etc)
- Click “Add Show” to upload your video, giving it a title and selecting the video channel in the media type in the ‘Channel’ drop down.
- Add or select a poster frame and add any keywords that match the content.
- If the video is with a centerpiece news article, click ‘Frontpage’ under ‘Syndication partners.’
Log in to Saxotech
- Go to the Assets module and select File/Create New/URL Asset.
- In Castfire, go to the Profiles tab and copy the 768kbps m4v URL.
- In Saxotech, paste this URL in the new asset window URL field and give the asset a name.
- Go to the general properties tab for the new asset and select Castfire for Asset type, then click save.
- Without holding the ‘control’ key, click and drag the asset to the article.
- Select the article properties and make the following changes.
- Go to the ‘Web’ tab and select ‘Embed Left’ in the ‘Multimedia’ field.
- Go to the ‘Keywords’ tab and add a taxonomy of ‘Video.’
NOTE: If the video is a standalone video, you must create an article with a headline and link either a photo or a teaser image.